Monday, April 16, 2007

CASA's Are Great People!







This is my week to volunteer for CASA of Johnson and Wyandotte Counties, Kansas, where I serve on the board of directors. CASA trains community volunteers to serve as a child's voice in court.

This morning I trained about eight new volunteers. I have been training CASA volunteers for more than ten years. This group was clearly intent on making a difference in the lives of children in court. On Tuesday evening I will train about another eleven new volunteers on the role of attorneys and guardians ad litem.

On Wednesday I am hosting a table at the annual Promise of Hope luncheon to raise community awareness and support for CASA. Thursday evening we have a regular board meeting followed by a reception for the new volunteers. I also have a speaking engagement Thursday evening with Horizon Academy, a specialized private program to educate children with learning disabilities.

I enthusiastically volunteer my time for CASA because I believe in its mission. If you believe in helping children, I encourage you to volunteer for this worthwhile organization.

No comments: